Having trouble with the Lane app on your mobile device?
Check out the following steps.
Is your device up to date?
We are always improving the Lane app and making sure it works with the latest released versions of Apple iOS and Android operating systems. Older versions, therefore, may not offer the best experience.
- iOS 11+: Go to Settings > General and check whether there is a Software Update available
- Android 8+: Go to App > Settings > Software update and check if there is an update available.
Is the app version up to date?
Sometimes the app is prevented from updating itself. Go to the app store and check whether there is a newer version of Lane.
Is the device storage full?
A full device means new data cannot be saved, which can result in some quirky behaviour.
- iOS: Go to Settings > General > Storage
- Android: Go to Settings > Device maintenance or Device care > Storage
If the storage space is almost full, try to delete unnecessary items to free up space.
Is this a company device with security or tracking features?
Security is important but sometimes it can affect legitimate and useful apps like Lane. Check with your IT department whether this could be the case.
If connected by wifi, is there a firewall on the network?
If the app works on mobile data network but stops working when connected to a wifi network, there could be a firewall preventing the app from sending or receiving data. Check with your IT department if this is the case.
Try closing the app and reopening the app
Closing the app is different from minimizing it. Closing and reopening the app makes sure all the basic settings are checked and verified.
- iOS: Swipe up from the bottom of the screen, find the Lane app, and swipe it up to the top of the screen.
- Android: Swipe up from the bottom, hold, then let go. Swipe up on the app.
If you're still having issues with the mobile app, contact the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help.