What is Datawatch?
Datawatch is a mobile access solution that works just like a physical access card except using your phone and the Lane app.
Why use Mobile Access?
Mobile access replaces access cards and key fobs by transforming your mobile device into a digital wallet that can store multiple access credentials and open doors by tapping or bringing your phone near an access reader.
That means no longer needing to touch passcards, readers or common area surfaces in order to walk through lobby turnstiles or to open building doors.
See also: From Fobs to Phones: Why Mobile Access Leads to a Smarter and Safer Workplace
Configuring Mobile Access with Datawatch
To configure mobile access with Datawatch, follow these simple steps.
Register with Datawatch
To begin, you must be invited to register with Datawatch by an administrator.
- Open the invitation email from Datawatch and click on "Activate Now."
- Make note of the 6 digit Activation code to be entered later.
Connect Datawatch with Lane
Open the Lane app and click on Mobile Access.
- Click on Get Started
- Update your device settings if requested
- Enter your email address
- Select a password
- Enter the 6 digit activation code
Using Mobile Access
Once you have activated and connected your Datawatch account with the Lane app, have your mobile device in hand when approaching a turnstile or door to automatically unlock and open.
- The app will work even when running in the background.
- It may take up to 10 seconds to open on the first time.
- Ensure your device is sufficiently charged and has Bluetooth enabled.
If you have any questions about Mobile access with Datawatch, contact the Helpdesk at email@example.com and we will be happy to help