Inviting people to your digital workplace is a great way to power your workplace experience and increase overall engagement!
Here is a breakdown of the default teams within Lane:
- Admin: At the top of the permissions chain, Admins have access to everything within your workplace. Be sure to distribute Admin access carefully, as those added are in complete control.
- Workplace Admin: The workplace admin, previously know as User, has full control over the Admin View. This includes things like creating content and posting a notice! This role is perfect for internal team members administering your workplace.
- Retail Manager: Buildings that feature retail directories can invite individual retailers to join their workplace. This is a perfect way to grow retail engagement, giving your retailers access to do things like post content and promotions.
- Workplace Member: Also know as end-user or subscriber. These are the amazing people who work and interact in your building. A subscriber-only has access to the Members View, and cannot administer your workplace.
You can easily invite a member to your team through the following steps:
- Team Management: Within your channel settings, you will have the ability to control the accounts that have access to your workplace. By default, there are four user groups: Admin, Retail Manager, Workplace Member, and Workplace Admin.
- Access Types: Admins and Workplace Admins both have access to post content and administer your workplace channels. Workplace Members are generally tenants or end-users, making use of your workplace application. Retail Managers have the ability to manage Retail Profiles within the app.
- Invitations: To add someone to a channel, simply click the user group type (For Example, Click Workplace Admin). Then from the top right, click the invite and some basic details for that team member.
- Sign Up: The team member will then receive an email to sign up and accept the invite to your workplace, with the access level you assign.