Sections are a great way to organize and present Pages to your workplace members.
- What are Sections?
- Displaying Content in a Section
- Creating Sections
- Adding Pages to a Static Section
- Adding Pages to a Dynamic Section
What are Sections?
Sections give you the power to customize your workplace experience:
- Group Pages: Sections allow you to group similarly themed pages for easy access within your workplace app. For example, a COVID-19 resources section can be used to hold all related pages.
Displaying Content in a Section
- Section Content List: This Content Block allows you to display a list of all the content within a Section.
- Manage Sections: This area in the Admin View lets you create and manage the Sections in your channel. There is no limit to the number of sections you can have active, so feel free to organize your pages into clear, concise, commonly themed sections.
With these simple steps, you will be able to create a Section and add Pages to it!
- Manage Sections: In the Admin View, go to Manage Sections.
- New Section: Click on New Section to build your new Section.
- Enter a Section Title and Description
- Choose a Section Type. There are two different types of sections:
- Static: Gives you the ability to manually add content and pages to the section.
- Dynamic: Automatically adds content and pages to the section based on the category and tags you set for the section.
- Select a Background Color, Icon Color, Icon, Logo, Background image, and Tags.
- Click on Create, then Save. The new section appears in the list of Sections, above Manage Sections.
Adding Pages to a Static Section
- Add Page: When viewing a Static Section, the Add Page and New Page buttons appear in the top right. Click on Add Page to add an existing Page
- Search: When adding a Page, you can search from the all channels you are a member of. You can also select from a specific channel.
- Click on the Page you want to add to the Section.
- Click on Confirm to confirm your selection.
- View Section: You can switch to a detailed view of all the Pages within your Section.
- To remove a Page, click on the red X.
- To change the properties of the Section, click on Edit Section.
Adding Pages to a Dynamic Section
A Dynamic section automatically adds Pages that meet the criteria and filters you set.
- Include all Channels
- Content Types
- Standard Filters include filtering by Channel, Name, location, availability, price and quantity:
- Sorting filters by Start Time or End Time, distance, price and quantity remaining:
- Custom Filters vary by channel and user, and are managed in the Filter & Tag Library in the Admin View.
If you have gone through these steps and have questions, feel free to reach out to our Support Team: firstname.lastname@example.org. We happily stand by to lend a hand!