Sections are a great way to organize and display a set of Pages.
- What are Sections?
- Displaying Content in a Section
- Creating Sections
- Adding Pages to a Static Section
- Adding Pages to a Dynamic Section
What are Sections?
Sections allow you to group similarly themed pages for easy access within your workplace app. For example, you may have a set of pages related to amenities, meeting rooms, or sustainability that can be grouped together.
There are various ways to display Sections, or the content within a Section in a channel.
- Section: This Content Block shows a single, selected Section. When a user clicks on it, it displays a list of the pages within that section.
Example: The Meeting Rooms section is displayed as a Pin on the page. Clicking on the pin takes you to a page that lists the contents of the Section, in this case, five Meeting Rooms.
- Section Content List: This Content Block allows you to display a list of all the content within a Section.
Example: the Meeting Rooms section shown below lists all five available meeting rooms with a filter for the number of seats and the amenities in each room:
- Interactions on Section List: This content block shows a list of interaction receipts on items within a Section.
Example: A user may reserve one or more Meeting Rooms for different times in the future. The Interactions on Section List content block shows the user their personal list of upcoming reservations for all the meeting rooms in that section:
- Manage Sections: This area in the Admin View lets you create and manage the Sections in your channel. There is no limit to the number of sections you can have active, so feel free to organize your pages into clear, concise, commonly themed sections.
To create a new Section:
- In the Admin View, go to Manage Sections.
- Click on New Section:
- Section Information:
- Enter a Section Title and Description
- Choose a Section Type. There are two different types of sections:
- Static: Gives you the ability to manually add content and pages to the section.
- Dynamic: Automatically adds content and pages to the section based on the category of the content.
- Optionally, set a Background Color, Icon Color, Icon, Logo, Background image, and Tags. These help organize the look and feel of the Section in the Admin View.
- Click on Create, then Save. The new section appears in the list of Sections, above Manage Sections.
Adding Pages to a Static Section
- Add Page: When viewing a Static Section, the Add Page and New Page buttons appear in the top right. Click on Add Page to add an existing Page
- Search: When adding a Page, you can search from the all channels you are a member of. You can also select from a specific channel.
- Click on the Page you want to add to the Section.
- Click on Confirm to confirm your selection.
- View Section: You can switch to a detailed view of all the Pages within your Section.
- To remove a Page, click on the red X.
- To change the properties of the Section, click on Edit Section.
Adding Pages to a Dynamic Section
A Dynamic section automatically adds content that meets the criteria and filters you set.
- Include all Channels
- Content Types
- Standard Filters include filtering by Channel, Name, location, availability, price and quantity:
- Sorting filters by Start Time or End Time, distance, price and quantity remaining:
- Custom Filters vary by channel and user, and are managed in the Filter & Tag Library in the Admin View.
If you have gone through these steps and have questions, feel free to reach out to our Support Team: firstname.lastname@example.org. We happily stand by to lend a hand!