Teams are groups of people who have the same permissions and requirements. They are also a way to target information to specific groups of people.
A person may be a member of more than one Team in a Channel. A Workplace Member may also belong to an interest group, or an Admin may be a member of several committees.
Teams are created in the Team Management area of the Admin View.
- Switch to the Admin View, click on Team Management. Here you will see a list of all of the teams in your workplace:
Public vs Private Teams
Team membership can be public or private.
- A Public team on a public channel means anyone can view the list of people in the team.
- A Private team on a public (or private) channel means only the members of the team can view the other members.
- A Public team on a private channel means only the people who are in the channel can see the list of names of the people in the team.
When creating a new Team, it is best to start based on the permissions of an existing Team.
- Use the Workplace Member permissions as the basis for consumer-type teams, such as groups who are interested in receiving information about promotions, events, classes, interest groups and similar.
- Use Workplace Admin permissions as the basis for admin-type teams who need Admin View access to create content, change the status of interactions, and manage workflows. Examples include Front Desk staff, Security, Maintenance, Parking, and access to Insights analytics.
- Export Permissions: Select a Team that has a similar level of access to the new one you have in mind. Click on the Edit icon to edit the team permissions and click on Export. Save the exported file in a known location.
- Create a New Team: Under Team Management, click on the New Team button.
- Enter a Team Name
- Choose whether the new Team is visible to other users of the channel
- Set a maximum capacity if desired.
- Choose Permissions: Define the permissions you'd like to set for the new Team. Here, you can import the previously downloaded file from a similar Team, and configure only what needs to be different.
Need help with assigning permissions? Feel free to reach out to our Support Team: email@example.com. We happily stand by to lend a hand!