The no-code Lane Builder features multiple ways to link to other sites.
Choosing the right type of link makes for a better experience for your workplace members. Let's explore the different ways!
In the Lane Content Builder, you can make a variety of Content Blocks into a link. The Section Content List block automatically lists and links to the Pages within the selected Section. Icons, images, and even Headers and Paragraphs can be made into a link. Look for the Link menu item when dragging and dropping a Content Block in the Editor step:
The Link Row, in particular, is designed to display rows of icons and labels, which can be linked to any website, email address or phone number:
- In platform: select an item in the Lane platform
- Email Address: enter an email address
- Phone Number: enter a phone number
- Website: enter any external website, which can be opened in a browser (External) or in-app (Webview).
As you can imagine, you can link to virtually anywhere using the link feature. We will now explore the difference between External Links and opening in-app.
Webviews are a powerful feature that allow content builders to insert any external webpage so that it opens within the Lane app.
To open a content block in Webview, click on Link in the Content Editor:
Select External Link, and a second set of options will appear allowing you to choose the method:
- On desktop: The link will open in a new browser window or tab
- On mobile: The link will ask to open in a new browser window or the default app for that type of link (maps, calendar, etc).
In app browser:
- The link will open within the Lane app complete with navigation and refresh buttons
If you have any questions about Webviews or External Links, contact the Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to advise you.