What are Teams?
Teams are used to target information to the people who need to see it. All users must be a member of at least one Team, and most users in your building are members of the Workplace Member Team.
You may also have custom teams that target information to specific interest groups, such as Health & Safety, or for specific roles such as Maintenance or Parking Enforcement.
You can invite a new member to your team through the following steps:
- Team Management: In the Admin View, go to Team Management.
- Choose a Team: In general, Admins and Workplace Admins have permissions to post content and administer your workplace channels. Workplace Members are generally the end-users who read and interact with the app. Retail Managers have the ability to manage content related to retail channels.
- Invite: To add someone to a Team, click on the Team and send an Invite using their full name and email address. If the person already has an account with Lane, they can accept and join your Channel, or create a new profile before joining.
- Add User: If you know the person you wish to invite is a member of another Team, or another Channel, you can use the Add User function to find their existing profile and add them to the new Team.
- Bulk Invites: If adding several new people, use the Bulk Invite function enter a list of names and email address to send an invite. You can also upload a list of people using the Bulk Invite from CSV option.
If you have any questions about adding new Team Members, feel free to reach out to our Support Team: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to help!