In this edition of Discover Lane, we explore how to ensure the right communications strategies are in place to get the correct message to the correct audience, in a comprehensible way.
We can do this by using:
2. Sub-channels for Targeting
3. Notice Cards
When building content on Lane, take advantage of the real-time notification tools. Pre-schedule when you’d like your subscribers to receive a reminder, alert, or other short-form announcements.
Notifications can be sent in a variety of formats based on channel or user settings:
- DO use the format of notifications that works best for your subscribers, including SMS, Push notifications, or email
- DO practice being timely and meaningful!
- DON’T inundate with notifications that are too close in succession
- DON’T send at times of day that are unsuitable, like early mornings or late into the night, unless in the case of emergencies
Using Sub-Channels for Targeting
On Lane, an easy way to segment your subscribers is by using sub-channels. These groupings make it easier to target specific messaging to a particular group.
- DO organize groups of users into sub-channels so that you are able to target specific messaging to them
- For example; divide up a multi-tower complex into different sub-channels for each individual tower
- DON’T assume that messaging is best when broadcast widely when specificity can be more meaningful to your subscribers!
Notice Cards appear on the Work tab of the mobile platform and are used ideally in situations such as:
Notice Cards appear on the Work tab of the mobile platform.
- Here are a few examples of when you can use Notices.
- Building changes
- Emergencies or warnings
- Live updates or alerts
- DO keep messages short
DO use an eye-catching color scheme to represent the message
- DON’T keep Notice Cards published for too long, as subscribers will become accustomed to it, and the card no longer serves its purpose