Interactive content can help engage users of all levels in their workplace experience platform. Contests are a great way to engage with subscribers!
|Who can use this feature?||👤Admin Users|
|Who can see this feature?||👥End Users|
What is a Contest?
Contests are an easy way to bring relevant and timely information to workplace users. Interactive content is at the heart of contest posts! You can collect information like emails, names, phone numbers. The base for contest posts is interactive posts! Learn more about creating interactive posts. This article will show you an easy example for creating a contest.
In this example, we'll create a parking contest that requires three fields, a hero image, text, and allows one entry per subscriber.
Creating a contest
- Choose Content Center
- Click New Post
- Here you'll have the option to choose a pre-existing template!
- Choose Next
🧠Need help creating a template? Contact the account Customer Success Manager!
- Check Interactive, a submit button will appear.
Building a Contest!
- In the panel, select Image.
- To edit a block, click on the newly formed block to open the editing window.
- In your Block Outline, under New Content, will list the blocks you've added!
- Click on Features to choose your required fields.
- You will see a list of items which you can select, for this example-
- Select Number of Entries - this option will allow subscribers to enter the contest once!
- Click on Table
- Click the plus symbol found next to Added
- A popup window will appear.
- Choose Number, name the field, and enter the text subscribers will see.
- Click Save
- Add Email and Text (for name) fields!
- Once complete, click on Appearance!
- To customize a block, click on it in the Block Outline!
- Click the red button in the upper right corner to close pop-up windows.
- Add your new blocks listed under Inputs to the content
- There will also be indicators that will appear at the top of the page of missing fields.
In this example, we'll add our new fields created in Table and a brief paragraph blurb spaced out by two horizontal separators!
💡Contests can vary, with Lane the possibilities are endless! Read Discover Lane: Creating Contest and Giveaways for more inspiration.
Setting who sees a contest
In order for a contest to gain traction, workplace members will need to see it! This is done through targeting <hyperlink to article>. Workplace members will be able to see contests and interact with them based on the guidelines you've set!
- You can choose a date when the post will be live.
- You can choose how long the post will be seen on your workplace experience platform
- On the right-hand side, you will see a panel where you can update and change who will see this content. Learn more about <Audience Targeting>! By default, your workplace experience platform will be selected and send your post to all subscribers.
- Choose Next to take you to the final step.
- This final page will create a push notification that will alert subscribers of the contest!
- Choose Save to send to Drafts or Publish to share on your workplace experience platform.
- Done! 🎉
💡 Learn more about creating interactive posts and all the ways to engage your workplace.